*Updated to final version v.27, update for FroYo available from source if needed*
- Download 'Voice Search' from here or local, this will enable voice support
- Install the apk file on your Desire (this can be done with the free app Astro)
- Download the replacement keyboard (with mic) from local
- Install the apk file.
- Go to Settings, 'Language & keyboard' and tick 'HTC_IME mod'
- Press the search key on the Desire.
- hold down on the input box and select 'Input Method' from the popup.
- Select 'HTC_IME mod'.
- Success! select the mic icon on the keyboard to use voice to text.
note: you may like myself not like the smiley key and prefer the 'hide keyboard' key. If so,
- Go to Settings, 'Language & keyboard' and click 'HTC_IME mod' with the drop down list
- Un-tick 'Smiley hack'
- Change the input method to default and back again as the method above to save.
This new method comes from here, updates and support will likely be found there.
VoiceSearch.apk QR code: