In Microsoft's infinite wisdom they do not support they're own screen recording software used only a few years ago. Also it does not play in VLC Media Player (surely not!?)
Followed some threads and links around the net and found this page with the "Acelt.net Codec 3.02" that plays the media fine.
I recently installed Microsoft Office 2007 and with the 10 or so possible applications I was offered to install I wanted as most people probably want, only Word and Excel. So unticked the rest. This gave me two issues. No Macros and no spell checker.
So back goes in the Microsoft Office media.
To add Macros and fix the "Macro language support is disabled" error you also need to install 'Office Shared Features >Visual Basic for Applications'
To add spell checker you need to install 'Office Shared Features >Proofing Tools'
Then all words fine
Hi guys, Google Navigation went live today in the UK for Android, I didn't notice immediately it was able to be used as no update is needed and there is no obvious way to use it. So here's a short how-to to get it working.
- Get the latest release of Google Maps with Navigation, search for 'Google Maps' in Android Market.
- Go to the 'Maps' application
- Go to the menu, then 'Directions'
- Choose an 'End point'
- Select 'Go', then 'Navigate'
A bookmarklet is a small tool that enables you do a quick tasks within the browser, they sit in the browser the same way as a traditional bookmark hence the name.
*Updated to final version v.27, update for FroYo available from source if needed*
- Download 'Voice Search' from here or local, this will enable voice support
- Install the apk file on your Desire (this can be done with the free app Astro)
- Download the replacement keyboard (with mic) from local
- Install the apk file.
- Go to Settings, 'Language & keyboard' and tick 'HTC_IME mod'
- Press the search key on the Desire.
- hold down on the input box and select 'Input Method' from the popup.
- Select 'HTC_IME mod'.
The Astro File Mananger a free app on the Android Market enables you to backup your apps and appears also lets you backup paid apps BEFORE the refund period is over. Quite a large flaw in the refund scheme used in the Android Market, will keep testing as a few apps don't seem to be backupable.
1. Install Astro File Manager.
2. Purchase app.
3. In tools, application manager, backup check 'backup'.
3. Refund app.
4. The .apk install file is still in the backup directory for installing again, after the refund.
5. Free paid apps.
So, after googling for a good while this is the way to go to get free Voicemail, through a service called HulloMail. It's a free voicemail service that will not only be part of your contracted minutes but also email you a nice mp3 file of the voicemail left (they also do the standard calling the number).
You can sign up for free for HulloMail over here
note: updated with how to add page numbers.
For most referencing the most common used is the Harvard standard and the most common used word processor used is Microsoft Word however, Microsoft Word does not come with Harvard referencing as standard. This How To is mostly sourced from here and is a shortened version to do this one task.
So, how to get Harvard referencing in Microsoft Word 2007:
- Download the 'BibWord styles' from here, listed under 'Recommended Download'.
- From that file extract the 'HarvardLeeds' file (I have found this one to cover the most of my references).
If you ever try to download an image from Flickr.com via the standard right click, save as steps you will instead be offered to download spaceball.gif. Here is the fastest way, simplest way I could find to bypass the block.
- Get Firefox
- Goto Tools > Page Info > Media
- Scroll down until you see the image you want
- Click the 'Save As' button.
update: (07/08/2010) This method no longer works, however this does
Flash has an annoying habit of exiting full screen if you do any action outside of the window. This is most annoying if you have dual screens and want one to run a full screen flash video whilst doing something else on the other.
Over the last few years how to hex edit out this function has been posted online between versions. Most people to fix this have used the pre-hacked flash drivers however, these drivers over here have not been updated since April 2009 and no longer support Flash 10.